Monday, July 23, 2012

Natural! The Mini-Big Chop

It was in the Bahamas when I decided to cut the rest of my heat damaged ends off. It was so strange, and I'm not sure what overcame me but I didn't like looking at the scraggly heat damaged ends any longer. It didn't look like much had to be cut off anyway, so I just went into the bathroom of our stateroom and chopped it all off.
Before my Mini-Big Chop

Luckily, I only had to cut about two inches off all of my hair, which is funny because that means I had been transitioning for about two years without even realizing it. It's been about a week since I have returned and I absolutely love my natural hair. De-tangling has becoming much easier since I no longer get as many knots as I had previously, also I've noticed that the volume of my hair has somehow increased dramatically. It's so big and beautiful!

After the mini-big chop - with Instagram!

I didn't realize how heavy my ends made my hair, so I was surprised by how much it popped up into this big chia-pet hair, but I love it and I was completely ready for the change. Now my journey can continue as I learn how to take care of my hair, and to love it even more than I do now (although every day that passes is a day that I love my hair even more).

Have you made the big chop yet? Or will you transition for a while? Also, any recommended styles will be greatly appreciated. Drop a comment, I'm interested to hear what you have to say!

- Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment